- Custom bearing with internal swing drive gear
- A-frame type gantry of plate construction
- Ladders and platforms for access with safety cage
- Fully enclosed operators cab with console to house all control functions and gauges with Air Conditioning, Windshield Wipers, and Lighting
- Load cell for main hoist
- All sheaves include anti-friction bearings
- Flood light
- All hoists are Planetary Geared and employ power load lowering (no freewheeling) against a hydraulic counterbalance valve with internal, automatically applied spring-loaded fail-safe brakes
- Each crane consists of Safety Equipment such as positive boom stops, fire extinguisher, signal horn, and other basic safety equipment
Levingston is committed to our customers and are open to suggestions & requests to modify the design to better suit specific requirements. LEC’s may be manufactured for a wide range of capacity levels varying from 10 ton to 800 ton capacity. Leg Encircling Cranes may be designed to encircle a lattice leg or a pipe leg on the vessel as needed.
All Levingston Leg Encircling cranes meet or exceed API Spec 2C 7th Edition. LECs can be built to meet ABS, DNV or most agency requirements.
The pedestal, gantry, boom, piping, and other equipment are sandblasted and painted using a three-coat epoxy/polyurethane marine paint system.
Each crane consists of the follow Safety Equipment:
- positive boom stops
- fire extinguisher
- signal horn
- other basic safety equipment